|Student and Family Resources
- Military Youth on the Move
- MYOM is designed specifically for military children – kids, pre-teens and teenagers – giving them the tips and advice needed to help navigate everything from moving, social life, school, and more.
- The website also includes tips and information to help parents guide their children through the challenges of not only a military lifestyle such as when a parent deploys and saying good-bye to friends but everyday challenges such as how to save money and going green.
- List of Military Scholarships for Service Members, Spouses and Dependents (June 2011)
- Attached are links and a short description to a variety of scholarships available to Veterans, their Spouses and Families.
- Please visit or Google the individual sites for more information on the various scholarships and their deadlines. Another place to search for potential scholarships would be the school you are planning to attend.
- The University of Hawaii Manoa's Online Learning Academy provides free, live online math tutoring by UH Manoa students for Hawaii public school and community college students throughout the state.
- The 35 OLA tutors are UH Manoa students majoring in mathematics or sciences and are available from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- For math assistance visit http://manoa.hawaii.edu/ola/ and sign in using your first name. No password is needed.
- For more information, email: email@example.com or call 808-223-2088.
- <SOAR is an innovative program that makes it easy for parents to play an active role
in their children’s education. SOAR is designed for military families, and is easily
- Students take an assessment aligned to specific state standards, and SOAR directs them
to individualized tutorials to improve skills where needed. Parents can monitor their
progress from anywhere, and are provided with resource materials.
- In addition, the SOAR resources include 79 interactive videos that support primary
and secondary math and literacy learning.
- The SOAR site is absolutely free, and available for all students and parents - both
military and non-military (for non-military just click on “OTHER” for “installation”)…sign
The Defense Department has launched a free, online tutoring service for service members
and their families. The site offers round-the-clock professional tutors who can assist
with homework, studying, test preparation, resume writing and more. You must be active
military to sign up for this site.
One stop website and support for military families.
All-in-one source for pre-school, public school, and private school information.